7 Free Writing Tools That Will Change Your Life
When you are a writer, you need all the help you can get. Sometimes you are required to write about topics you have no knowledge on. Other times, you just need to check sentence structure. No matter what the situation is, we all need tools for writers. These can range from grammar structure to keyword generators for your blog. Any help is good and there are some free writing tools online.
Here are some of the best writing tools we found:
- This tool blocks out all distractions when you need to focus. It might not be a correcting tool but it is absolutely necessary. I know for me, I always get distracted with so many online activities that totally takes my mind off my work. With this tool, you don’t have to worry about that. You set it and start writing. We all could focus some more and produce better work and with this tool, that is possible now.
- I have been using this tool for a while and it makes life so much easier. There are so many editing tools out there but this one is one of the best. This is of course just my opinion but trust me, it does what it promises. With this tool you can edit your work much faster and efficiently than other editing tools. Editing is a crucial step for all writers and this is a definite winner when it comes to editing your work.
- It is sometimes a challenge to come up with fresh and new ideas for an article or an essay. This tool will help you with brainstorming and come up with great writing topics. What is does is create a map for the ideas and create it in an easy and effective way. You would not need to physically draw a mind map as this tool will do it for you. I really love this tool when I write essays.
Write 2 Lite
- Sometimes you are in a place without a pen and paper and a great idea pops into your head. We have all experienced this as writers from time to time. You are sitting on the subway and the best writing topic comes up. You forgot your writing pad at home as always and you hope you do not forget it by the time you get home. Well with Write 2 Lite all you need is your phone. You can even change the font and themes on this app which is a great added feature. There is also an emergency feature where you can just enter your pin and gain access. Amazing, that’s all I can say!
- The dream of writing a novel has been a constant goal of mine but it seems like so much of a challenge. Well with LitLift it no longer has to be. This tool helps you to write, edit, organize, store and sometimes share. There is a mobile friendly version which we all know helps a ton. Your work will be protected by copyright so you do not have to worry about your great ideas being stolen.
- Another one of my favorite free tools. This one allows you to share a lot of information. For example, you could share anything from pictures to journal entries or even short stories. I am a fan of interactive apps or tools as a writer. You want your work out there and which better way to do it by sharing it through a tools created like this one. You can tell your story at any time with as many people as you chose.
- We always save the best for last and this tool is a great way to improve your writing. As writers, we are a little biased and at times need an opinion from the outside world. It’s almost like having a few editors just waiting to get their hands on your work and make it better. The really cool thing about this app is the fact that you can accept these changes or just not. You can keep a guide and track of these changes to allow you to go back and see where changes were made. Pretty great if you ask me.
So as you can see there are some great tools for writers out there. I particularly like the free ones because not everyone can spend money on these tools. You would not have to as these are all free and that does not mean they are not good. In fact I have tried all of them and they do what they promise. You should try them out for yourself and see which ones fit your writing style. All of these tools serve a different purpose so to complete a perfect writer’s toolkit.
Rachel Moran is a content manager and an active guest post writer. Her passion is writing and she has a big dream of becoming a well-known writer. Rachel writes informative content and guest post for writers and students and she believes her tips help people improve their writing skills.
Advice by Rachel Moran
Posted on 13/11/2016
by Sue Cawte filed under