Wrap up warm, winter is nearly here.
Soon the trees outside will lose their leaves, snow will begin to fall and snowmen will fill our gardens. For some, winter is about enjoying a frosty walk or playing in the snow, for others, it can mean escaping the cold and snuggling up with a delicious hot chocolate or even flying off to a warmer climate.
Writing Times would love to know your thoughts on the subject of winter, how or who you will spending it with or where you would rather be. Do you celebrate any festivals, such as Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, New Years Eve or Hogmanay?
Whatever you enjoy about winter and the festive season, write a short story of up to 1,500 words or draw a picture of what winter means to you. We will select the winning entries on the 1st of February 2017 to be featured on our website and also win a special prize.
Writing Times: Children's Corner competitions are open to all published and unpublished UK- and non-UK-based children aged between 5-12. This competition accepts drawings and stories. Each time a theme will be chosen which will be listed on the page.
A winner will be selected for a drawing entry and a story entry.
The maximum word count for stories is 1,500.
Entry details, rules and regulations for the competition are listed below:
1. All entries must be sent using the online form.
2. Entry is free and children can submit an entry for the drawing and story competitions.
3. Entries will not be returned. No changes will be allowed once an entry is submitted.
4. All entries submitted must be work which has not been published elsewhere or submitted to another competition which is currently still open.
5. All entries must be your own work. Any entry found to be plagiarised or printed elsewhere will be disqualified.
6. All entries submitted must clearly state the childs name, email address with the title of the entry submitted.
7. If necessary, the winning entry may be edited for publication by Writing Times.
8. The winner will be notified within one month of the closing date. The judges' decision is final. Winning entrants may not submit their work elsewhere without the permission of Writing Times.
9. The closing date for entries is Midnight (BST) at the end of the last month.